Xellia Pharmaceuticals is a Danish multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company headquartered in Copenhagen. They specialize on the production of antibiotics. The company operates internationally and has sales offices and production sites all over the world. Xellia is the leading supplier of Vancomycin, Colistimethate Sodium and Daptomycin. The goal of the company is to provide antiinfective solutions against multi-drug resistant micro-organisms.
The company US department is located in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, with additional facilities in Ohio, and North Carolina.
Board of Directors
- Steen Riisgaard, Chairman of the Board
- Dr Andreas Rummelt, Board Member
- Benny D Loft, Board Member
- Per Valstorp, Board Member
- Julie McHugh, Board Member
- Henrik Kjær Hansen, Board Member
- Barbara Purcell, Board Member
Xellia’s main output is bulk drug chemicals which they sell to other companies for packaging and distribution.
The company manufacturers the following active drug substances:
- Polymyxin B
- Amfotericin B