Nutrition Integrates 2014 Speaker – Cathie Martin
Cathie Martin (Catherine Rosemary Martin; born in April 1955) is a British botanist, cytologist, bioengineer, tomato culture specialist. She is a member of the Royal Society of London (2018), Ph.D. (1981), collaborator at the John Innes Center (since 1983) and professor at the University of East Anglia.
Cathie graduated with honors from Cambridge University of Natural Sciences (1977) and in the same place in 1981 received a Ph.D. in biochemistry, after which in 1981-1983. was a research fellow.
- Employee of the John Innes Center since 1983;
- Teacher at the University of East Anglia since 1998;
- Visiting Professor at the University of Copenhagen (2006-2011);
- In 2008-2013 Editor-in-Chief of Plant Cell;
- Member of the Editorial Board since 2000;
- Associate Editor of Plant Physiology since 2015;
- Co-founder (c Jonathan D. G. Jones) of Norfolk Plant Sciences;
- Member of EMBO and AAAS;
- Fellow American Society of Botanists (2017).
- MBE (2013).
- Marked by BBSRC ‘Most Promising Innovator’ (2014).
- Honorary Doctor of the University of Copenhagen.
She studied with Beverley Glover.
Cathie is the author of 144 publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals, in particular, in Nature, Nature Biotechnology, Cell, EMBO Journal, EMBO Reports, PNAS. She is the author of seven patents.